During years in which we Reseat basketball, all season ticket holders who purchase season tickets and who did not participate in the Arena project or did not select seats within the Legacy Seat program are required to select new basketball seating locations at the Arena. During Reseating years we do not offer the option of simply keeping the seat location you had last year - you must reselect seats.
Why are we having a Reseating?
We conduct Reseatings every 3-4 years so that donors can have the best possible seating options as a benefit of their Cougar Club donations. The last Reseating took place when donors selected seats for the first time in the Arena prior to the 2008-2009 season. Since that time our donors and season ticket holders have gotten to know the layout of the Arena and expressed likes and dislikes pertaining to different areas. Reseatings also allow donors to move groups together or add seats that were not needed in past years.
Many donors choose Reseatings as the best time to look at upgrading their donations in order to better their seat location. This is very important for us as we must continue to raise funds in order to pay for student-athlete scholarships. A full student-athlete scholarship, including tuition, room, board, books and fees, is now valued at over $35,000. The Athletics department must pay the College for each student-athlete scholarship granted.
Without donations to the Cougar Club to help fund scholarship expenses we would face serious cutbacks across all of our sports.
How does the Reseating work?
All Cougar Club donations are due by Friday, June 29th, 2012 for inclusion in the Reseating process. Donors will then be contacted in mid-July via letter and email with their scheduled seat selection appointment time.
Your seat selection appointment will take place at the Arena during the first two weeks of August 2012. You will be given a specific appointment time to arrive which will be based on your current Cougar Club priority ranking. At this time, you will be able to personally select your seats.
How will appointment times be decided?
In order to best encourage current gifts while, at the same time, paying respect to long-time support, the selection groups will be as follows. Those donors ranked within the Top 150 of the Cougar Club Priority Points system will have an opportunity to improve their selection group as shown below, assuming they are minimally giving at the Top Cat donor level. Within each selection group, appointments will be set based on priority ranking.
Please note that all donors within a group may not be selecting new seats as they may have participated in the Legacy Seat or Arena Project campaigns.
- Scholarship-level Cougar Club donors ($10,000+ annually) and donors ranked within the Top 50 of the Priority Point system.
- Championship-level Cougar Club donors ($5,500 annually) and donors ranked within the Top 100 of the Priority Point system.
- Golden Cougar donors ($3,600 annually) and donors ranked within the Top 150 of the Priority Point system.
- Top Cat donors ($2,000 annually)
- Kresse Club donors ($1,000 annually)
- Coaches Club donors ($600 annually)
- Clyde-level donors ($300 annually)
- Maroon-level donors ($125 annually)
- Paw-level donors ($50 annually) and returning season ticket holders who are not current Cougar Club donors
- General Public
*** Faculty/Staff members will have a separate seat selection group to select from seats in the designated Faculty/Staff sections of 101 and 102. They will be ranked using the same guidelines as above.
|How to check your approximate Cougar Club donor rank, and how does your Cougar Club rank translate into your Selection Group and Time:||How to make your 2012 Cougar Club Gift:|
|Login below using your email address and password. To confirm your password, just contact the Cougar Club office at 953-5830 or email CougarClub@cofc.edu.||To make your 2012-13 Cougar Club gift (due by June 29, 2012), simply go online here and log-in using your email address and password. Should you need to confirm a password, just contact the Cougar Club office at 953-5830 or email CougarClub@cofc.edu.|
If you are an existing donor or season ticket holder, you already have an account within the College of Charleston's Ticketing/Donor Management database.
Your current contact information, as well as your Cougar Club Points and your Cougar Club Rank, will be shown under your account name. Your Cougar Club Rank denotes your overall rank among all Cougar Club donors. Remember, your Cougar Club Rank alone does not indicate your selection order, but instead, is paired with your current annual giving level to produce your Selection Group (as indicated above).
All donors with a Cougar Club rank of #1 - #50 will be included in Selection Group #1, as long as a minimum Top Cat membership is maintained. In addition, those donors giving at the Scholarship-level ($10,000+ annually) to the Cougar Club will be included in Group #1. Within those donors qualifying for Selection Group #1, the current Cougar Club Rank will indicate selection order.
All donors with a Cougar Club rank of #51 - #100 will minimally be included in Selection Group #2, as long as a minimum Top Cat membership is maintained. Selection Group #2 is also made up of current Championship-level donors ($5,500 - $9,999 annually). All current Scholarship-level Cougar Club donors ($10,000 or more annually) are automatically included in Group #1. Within those donors qualifying for Selection Group #2, the current Cougar Club Rank will indicate selection order.
All donors with a Cougar Club rank of #101 - #150 will minimally be included in Selection Group #3, as long as a minimum Top Cat membership is maintained. Selection Group #3 is also made up of current Golden Cougar-level donors ($3,600 - $5,499 annually). Donors currently giving at the Scholarship-level ($10,000+) and Championship-level ($5,500+) will select in Groups #1 and #2, respectively. Within those donors qualifying for Selection Group #3, the current Cougar Club Rank will indicate selection order.
All remaining donors' Selection Group will be based on their current donor level.
Selection Group #4 will include all Top Cat-level donors ($2,000 - $3,599 annually) who are not ranked within the top 150. The selection order within this group will be based on Cougar Club Rank.
Selection Group #5 (Kresse-level, $1,000), Group #6 (Coaches Club, $600), Group #7 (Clyde-level, $300), Group #8 (Maroon-level, $125) and Group #9 (Paw-level donors, $50, as well as returning season ticket holders who are not Cougar Club donors) will follow in this order, with specific rankings within each Group based on Cougar Club Rank. The general public will select last.
Current Faculty/Staff season ticket holders will have a separate opportunity to select seats in the Faculty/Staff sections, 101 and 102. These donors will be ranked within their group based on Cougar Club Rank.
Approximate number of donors per Selection Group (updated as of January 25, 2012)
Selection Group #1 (Top 50 + Scholarship-level donors): 65
Selection Group #2 (Donors #51-100 + Championship-level donors): 70
Selection Group #3 (Donors #101-150 + Golden Cougars): 80
Selection Group #4 (Top Cat donors): 130
Selection Group #5 (Kresse-level): 11
Selection Group #6 (Coaches Club): 200
Selection Group #7 (Clyde-level): 10
Selection Group #8 (Maroon): 200
Selection Group #9 (Paw and current season ticket holders who aren't donors): 100
Faculty/Staff Selection Group: 400
January 2012 Seating Projection
Please note: one of the frequent questions we've received pertains to the map above. Two points must be remembered:
1) This is a best-guess of where our Cougar Club donors will select, based on past history and current donor numbers. We anticipate that the actual donor selection will not precisely mirror the map above. In general, we have chosen to be conservative in regards to selection projections.
2) We anticipate multiple donor levels selecting within sections and will not "close" a section to donors at levels below what is indicated on the map above. For instance, section 213 is currently projected to be made up primarily of Kresse-level donors ($1,000). But Top Cat-level donors ($2,000) will be free to choose within section 213. Top Cats (selecting in Group #4) may end up selecting on the aisles or in the front row, for instance. When Group #5 begins, we anticipate Kresse-level donors selecting a majority of seats in this section; that said, they may instead select "better" seats in section 214 or 211. Once all members of Group #5 have selected, Coaches Club ($600) donors within Group #6 are free to select whatever opens seats they like. Many times, that will mean seats in the middle of aisles in 213 or in the back row, farther from center court. Section 213, and all sections, will be open for donors until all seats have been selected.
3) Tickets earmarked for single-game sales will be those seats that all current Cougar Club donors and current season ticket holders have chosen not to select.
Important Dates and Deadlines
June 29, 2012: All Cougar Club gifts due to Cougar Club office for Seat Selection priority
July 13, 2012: All Reseating Selection Group information, including your seat selection appointment date and time, will be mailed and emailed to donor accounts
Monday, July 30th - Friday, August 3rd: Seat Selection appointments
For any questions, please contact the Cougar Club office at 843-953-8255. You may also directly call any of our staff members:
Steve Stroud, Associate Athletics Director for External Affairs
843-953-5498 / StroudSA@cofc.edu
Brandon Stevens, Executive Director of the Cougar Club
843-953-6550 / StevensBS@cofc.edu
April Albritton, Assistant Director of the Cougar Club
843-953-5329 / AlbrittonAM@cofc.edu
Andrew McGlaughon, Assistant Athletics Director for External Affairs
843-953-0782 / McGlaughonA@cofc.edu