- Receive All Uniforms and Practice Attire
- Privilege to workout in the Athletic Training Facilities
- Comp Tickets to Men's and Women's Basketball Games (available to team on a game by game basis)
- Participate in events as ambassadors of the College of Charleston (ex: Steven Colbert show)
- Participate in many local Community Service Events (great resume builder)
- 4 Cheerleaders will be selected to participate in NCA College Nationals in Daytona Beach, FL in April 2013 for the Individual All-Girl Stunt Competition.
*Please note that these days and times are tentative and could change before the beginning of the 2012-2013 season
* Practices Tuesday and Thursday from5 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
* Workouts at CofC athletic facilities two mornings a week
* All men's basketball games
* All women's basketball games
* Soccer games (as assigned)
* Other appearances as assigned
Cheerleading Tryout Skill Requirements
*Flyers must be able to pull all body positions (lib, heel stretch, scorpion, arabesque, scale, and bow and arrow)
* Must be knowledgeable of full-ups, switch-ups, and tick-tocks from a basing, back spotting, and flying perspective.
* Flyers, double downs from all body positions are highly recommended
*You MUST be open to trying new skills!
* Versatility is highly encouraged! We love a cheerleader that can do multiple positions!
Standing Tumbling (ON THE BASKETBALL COURT)
*Standing 2 Back Handsprings (Required)
*Standing Tuck (HEAVILY Encouraged)
*Double Jump to 2 Back Handsprings (Required)
*Double jump to Back Tuck (Heavily Encouraged)
Running Tumbling (ON THE BASKETBALL COURT)
*Round Off Multiple Back Handsprings (Required)
*Round Off Handspring Back Tuck/Layout/ Full (Heavily Encouraged)
* Specialty Passes (Heavily Encouraged)