The win marks the 14th consecutive victory over Southern Conference opponents as the Cougars (9-4, 4-0 SoCon) improve to a 5-1 mark at home. CofC won all three doubles matches in addition to the six singles contests for the third time this season. Senior Lukas Koncilia (Tyrol, Austria) and sophomore Kyle Parker (Richmond, Va.) picked up their third straight win as CofC's top seed in doubles with an 8-3 victory over Terriers Tinus Van Wyk and Stuart Robertson to improve to 8-4 on the season.
"The doubles set the tone for the match with our intensity and focus and it continued through the singles." head coach Jay Bruner said.
In singles competition junior Mickael Trintignac (Le Cannet, France) and sophomore Stephen Hardy (Fairfax, Va.) cruised to victories at the second and sixth spots, putting the Cougars up 3-0. Koncilia clinched the match for CofC with a 7-5, 6-1 triumph at the top spot, giving him a 6-6 record on the season as the Cougars top-seeded singles player.
Senior Mickael Boyer (Meudon, France) won a difficult first set in the tiebreak and followed with a 6-4 win in the second set for his fifth straight win at the No. 5 spot. Fellow senior Tom Delme (Hamoir, Belgium) and Parker battled back after dropping their first sets 5-7 each to win each of their second set and move to a 10-point tiebreaker. Both emerged victorious to complete the Cougars' sweep over the Terriers.
Wofford fell to 6-8 and 2-2 in the conference with the loss.
The team begins a three-match road trip on Tuesday with a 2:30 p.m. match against No. 72 Elon. The two teams last met in the conference semifinals last year.
1. Lukas Koncilia/Kyle Parker (CofC) def. Tinus Van Wyk/Stuart Robertson (WOF) 8-3
2. Tom Delme/Stephen Hardy (CofC) def. Paul Bartholomy/Alan Donald (WOF) 8-4
3. Mickael Trintignac/Mickael Boyer (CofC) def. Mickael Schecter/Jack Seffert (WOF) 8-3
1. Lukas Koncilia (CofC) def. Tinus Van Wyk (WOF) 7-5, 6-1
2. Mickael Trintignac (CofC) def. Michael Schector (WOF) 6-1, 6-1
3. Tom Delme (CofC) def. Stuart Robertson (WOF) 5-7, 6-3, 10-4
4. Kyle Parker (CofC) def. Alan Donald (WOF) 5-7, 7-6(5), 10-6
5. Mickael Boyer (CofC) def. Drew Superstein (WOF) 7-6(1), 6-4
6. Stephen Hardy (CofC) def. Paul Bartholomy (WOF) 6-1, 6-2