The Cougars (11-5, 5-1 SoCon) earned the doubles point with wins at the top two spots. Senior Tom Delme (Hamoir, Belgium) and sophomore Stephen Hardy (Fairfax, Va.) defeated Zac Dunkle and Alexander Sajonz 8-5 at the No. 2 spot to improve to 10-6 on the year. Senior Lukas Koncilia (Tyrol, Austria) and sophomore Kyle Parker (Richmond, Va.) also earned an 8-5 win at the top spot over Carl Abalos and Oliver Reynolds.
CofC and Samford (14-5, 4-3 SoCon) battled in singles with four of six matches going to a third set. Delme and Hardy claimed victories in straight sets at the third and sixth spots, respectively. Both remain undefeated in conference play with Delme posting a 6-0 mark and Hardy at 5-0.
Junior Mickael Trintignac (Le Cannet, France) won his second three-set match in as many days at the No. 2 spot with a 3-6, 6-3, 7-5 win over Dunkle. Parker followed suit with his own third-set win at the No. 4 spot. Both rebounded after first set losses to win the ensuing sets and boost the Cougars to their fifth conference victory.
Koncillia finished the day for CofC with his own three-set win, ending with a 10-point tiebreak over Carson Kadi at the top singles position. He improves to 8-7 on the year.
The Cougars return home for a three-match conference homestand, beginning with The Citadel on Weds. at 2 p.m.
1. Lukas Koncilia/Kyle Parker (CofC) def. Carl Abalos/Oliver Reynolds (SAM) 8-5
2. Tom Delme/Stephen Hardy (CofC) def. Zac Dunkle/Alexander Sajonz (SAM) 8-5
3. Carson Kadi/Fernando Costa (SAM) def. Mickael Trintignac/Billy Kenny (CofC) 8-0
1. Lukas Koncilia (CofC) def. Carson Kadi (SAM) 6-3, 4-6, 10-8
2. Mickael Trintignac (CofC) def. Zac Dunkle (SAM) 3-6, 6-3, 7-5
3. Tom Delme (CofC) def. Carl Abalos (SAM) 6-1, 6-2
4. Oliver Reynolds (SAM) def. Mickael Boyer (CofC) 6-3, 3-6, 6-4
5. Kyle Parker (CofC) def. Fernando Costa (SAM) 3-6, 6-2, 6-4
6. Stephen Hardy (CofC) def. Alexander Sajonz (SAM) 6-1, 6-4