2010-11 and 2011-12
• Did not compete for two years, while training for the 2012 Summer Olympic Games in London, England.
• 2010 ICSA All-American Skipper.
• Won five races and placed in the top 5 in eight others to win the ICSA/LaserPerformance Men’s Singlehanded Championship.
• Finished 7th in A-Division at the Atlantic Coast Championship.
• Sailed to 5th-Place finish in A-Division at Truxtun Umsted.
• Finished 3rd in A-Division at the Admiral’s Cup.
• Sailed to 3rd-Place finish in A-Division at the ICSA National Championship East Semifinals.
• Skippered A-Division to 9th-Place finish at the ICSA Coed Dinghy National Championship.
• Participated in the 2008 Summer Olympic Games in Beijing, China.
• Competed in 11 events of the season for the Cougars, serving as skipper.
• Earned two wins and seven other top 5 finishes.
• Won the SAISA Men’s Singlehanded Championship to qualify for nationals.
• Took home 7th-Place finish at the ICSA Men's Singlehanded Championship.
• Led the Cougars to 1st-Place honors at the SAISA Team Reace Championship with an 11-1 record.
• Led the team to fifth with a 7-7 record at the ICSA Team Race National Championship.
• Won gold medal at the 2007 Pan-American Games sailing a Catamaran (Hobie 16 class) at the age of 14.
• Has represented Guatemala internationally in the sport of sailing since he was eight years old.
• Born on July 21, 1988.
• Parents are Juan and Isabel Maegli.
• Majoring in business administration at College of Charleston.
• Two-Time Olympian in the laser class (Beijing 2008 and London 2012).
• Was the flag bearer during the Parade of Nations at the 2012 Summer Olympics opening ceremony for his home country of Guatemala.
• His athletic goal is to win the first-ever medal in the Olympics for Guatemala.
• Finished a career-best fourth at the laser sailing world championships held in Boltenhagen, Germany, in May of 2012.
• Earned his qualification for the Olympic Games at the sailing world championships in Perth, Australia, in December of 2011.
• Placed an Olympic career-best ninth overall in the medal race of the Laser Class at the 2012 London Olympic Games in Weymouth, England.